Monday, August 13

Ugh the foot saga continues

As previously mentioned I have a torn ligament in my foot (it just sounds retarded to say...especially when I have no real "accident" to cause this such situation). Anyway...today I returned to the doctor to see how the good ole' foot was progressing (keep in mind I have been a semi-good girl keeping the boot on and taking my medicine). As I figured the foot is not better...obviously since it still hurts like hell! I have been wearing the boot about 90% of the time (seriously 90%..hey don't judge it's better than no percent!) and I have been taking my medicine as well...well most of the time anyway, I am an awful pill taker. So the doc explains that my pinkie toe is bent sort of (bunionish I guess) and it's causing a lot of pressure on the ligament attached to that toe....blah blah blah...all I kept hearing was him say that it's not better and i needed a shot...yup you heard right a shot in my foot! Ugh! I know that I have had three kids (natural) so a shot should be no big deal...but it's in my foot...not a lot of fat there (the one and only place) and it's not a small needle or quick process...double ugh! Well the doc says that I will need a series of shots to see if they help the healing process of the ligament. God..if you are listening..let it help..this mama can't handle having surgery to repair my foot and deal with three small children ..to which one can not walk on her own. So...another two weeks..wearing inserts in shoes and back to the doc to see if it's getting better...and I am sure another shot..ugh...my foot tenses just thinking about it.

No comments: