Monday, August 27

Summer Memories...

So with Rose starting school so recently ( and being my first baby to start) I have been thinking alot lately of past times in my life. Going through many happenings in my past...that for some reason are making me more emotional than I ever thought (must be time for my period). Summer just seemed so short this year..does anyone else feel like that or is it just me? We had lots of fun and tried to enjoy every minute of it, but with a new baby and getting used to life with three kids June, July and now almost August have flown by. I keep thinking about summers as a kid. When mom and dad used to work and I could kind of have the days to myself...well for the most part there was the occasional watching little sister and brother...but hey..they really could have watched themselves ..right...ha ha. I have fond memories of in junior high going to my best friend's house and watching ABC soaps all afternoon long(why on earth I was addicted to soaps then and not now...who knows)...and we would make that rice a roni stuff...and eat it ALL! It used to be sooo much fun having NO responsibilities (unlike now..they just keep stacking up). There was one summer when I was probably 8 or so (ahh I really don't remember what age I was...so mom feel free to contribute) and I was riding my banana seat bike (you know you had one!). I rode it across the street to the neighbors (he was a priest and used to give me candy..and don't go all mind in the gutter with that one..he was nice)...I left and started to ride home I started to lose my balance and my big toe got stuck in my bike chain...I know! Ouch! I fell to the ground...with it still stuck..screaming bloody murder for help...my parents had the door closed with the air on...it took quite some time for someone to help me...needless to say..I had lots of stiches in my toe and got in trouble for riding my bike with no shoes! The summer that I was about 13 or so my parents decided to take a two week vacation traveling out west and then south...to end at my uncles in Arizona. The crap ass thing was my dad decided to drive all three kids and my parents..in a van...with NO air conditioning...in AUGUST! I mean really dad...not your brighest move. Parts of the trip were fun...can't say that I want to do that again...but the experience has added character to my life. I am sure with the summer ending and all the kids going back to school you to are refleting on the summer that has past and the memories of summers long ago...so tell me..what are you crazy summer memories?

Enjoy your coffee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sitting here on an Arizona August day, and let me tell ya, your pops was most definitely NOT thinking!

My AC went out in the summer once and it was seriously more comfortable to drive with the window only slighty cracked than all the way down. Oy oy oy!

Pokey Puppy said...

you know.. i thknk thats still why i have cravings for rice a roni when i get stressed.. brings me back to my stress free days..