Monday, July 30

Pretty Woman OR Lord of the Rings?

Mr. Jo and I had a long car ride tonight...and the conversation of movies came up. We obviously don't have anything better to talk about since we had to result to this....but anyway.....movies....what is your preference feel good movies or sci-fi/drama movies? As you can imagine Mr. Jo and I had different takes on our answers. He was all about the Lord of the Rings...Harry Potter..Star Wars crap...and I was like ..oh no...The Wedding Planner....Pretty Woman....Jerry Maguire love fests. I guess as a girl I just prefer the movies that make you get all those little butterflies in your stomach when you watch them. Of course Mr. Jo wouldn't admit that he gets butterflies from watching "Pretty Woman" but I am sure that he does...I mean come on who doesn't. He just doesn't understand how I can not like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings...ick..I mean why on earth would I...can we say boring. I must admit I have watched a couple of the Harry Potter movies and they aren't that bad...but just not my take. I guess that I figure life is crazy enough..the world has enough drama...and fighting...and messes...that why would I want to watch a movie like that...I want....romance..and love...and whitty humor...and gust busting laughs..you know the type. We both have different tastes for sure...although I will say that Mr. Jo is usually a good sport and will watch almost any of my feel good movies with me (whether he stays awake through them is another thing). I should be a little more open to his type of sci-fi..dramatic type of movies...I just find myself bored and wandering off into my own thoughts. They have deep story lines....maybe my little girly brain just can't follow them....oh who am i kidding...of course that's not it (i am one smart chick)....it must just be that i'm not a dork! (no offense to those of you who enjoy these type of movies). So what's your take....the feel good movie or the sci-fi/drama movies? Which side do you fall on....ponder your thoughts as you enjoy your coffee!


Baby Question : What was the best part of your baby shower...or what is the best thing at any baby shower that you have attended?

4 comments:

Bee said...

I can totally relate! Husband Andy loves his Sci-Fi and I love Romantic Comedies. Since we no longer have any friends we have to go with each other! :o)

Don’t tell him but there are some movies he’s dragged me to that I’ve enjoyed but I can’t let him know otherwise he’ll count it as a movie that we both wanted to see and pick the next one… jerk!

Anonymous said...

Well, to be honest with ya..I'm with Mr. Jo on this one. I'm a total sci-fi freak.

Don't get my wrong..I like chic flicks ( I am after all a chic. But I am much more likely to go see Harry Potter or LOTR in the theater than I am to see a sappy love story.

Pretty Woman is good...but LOTR...sigh. Orlando Bloom..k? Enough said!

Pokey Puppy said...

totally with you Ms. JOSEPHINE

I would say my favorite thing is the smell the diaper game with the candy bars melted.

BTW.. why is no one answering the baby questions!?!?!?

Trebor said...

I love all movies i dont really have a line tht i draw with movies,they are all good sry but i'm gunna have to stay nuetral =(