Friday, July 20

My Graceful Child

Okay I must say that I can remember as a child being very clumsy...falling all the time ...tripping over my own feet..my dad never wanted me to wear shorts because I was always falling and scrapping my knees up. Till this day I still have lots of scars and scratches on my knees. Well...God has blessed my first born with this wonderful trait of mine...only it seems that it is a million times worse. She falls over her own feet....walks into walls...walks into things (anything and everything)...falls over toys....drops things...she is the definition of klutz! I sometimes feel bad for her always falling...but sometimes it's just hard to not laugh. She gets so used to it that she will fall...and get up and look right at me...and say "don't worry mommy...I'm okay...i just fell!" lol! It's hilarious. Yesterday was most definitely one of her off days. She fell over every toy in the house.....she hit her elbow on the corner of the wall. She was trying to carry her lunch plate to me to get some more noodles...and she trips over a basket....and the plate and her go flying...I felt bad because she was very upset and I couldn't stop laughing. The worst part is she thought that she was going to get in trouble! We go over to my sister in laws last night for dinner...and of course the gracefulness continues. She goes walking into the house and falls at least three times. Later that night was are outside having a fire and she goes to walk over by the driveway and trips over something in the grass...falls....then...she gets up...not even five steps later she falls again...she just gets up and keeps on going...Hopefully she will continue to go on with life and grow out of her falling problem...I guess that I can only hope...All I can say is thank goodness we didn't name her Grace! Enjoy your coffee...and try not to trip!

3 comments:

Pokey Puppy said...

omg.. Well you know what they say.. mirror mirror on the wall.. I am my mother after all.. lol.. Lets hope for better luck for the little girl ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! At least you know where she gets it from!

shoeaddict said...

Poor thing! As I was reading it, I was thinking the same as you, "Thank God they didn't name her Grace!" She is adorable.