Thursday, August 16

The guilt-stricken Nana

So have I told you about my mom yet....I suppose not...well her name is Nana (not her real name of course..don't go getting all confused). She is a loved and cherished member of this family. She is the woman that has made me the woman that I am today (not sure yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing?). Nana is one awesome "grandma" (we don't call her that ..it makes her feel old) and her grandchildren just adore her. Mr. Jo and I adore her as well...as she is the the one and only person that will take all three of our children..pretty much whenever we have something to do (kudos to you Nana!). Nana and my eldest daughter , Rose, have a special bond. Rose being the first grandchild...the first girl...she is always going to be first in my mother's eyes (her love is the same with all the kids..but theirs is a special one). Rose gets to go with Nana alot, being the oldest has it's perks, and she jumps at the chance whenever she gets to spend the night with her Nana. The other night Nana picks up Rose to stay the night...they were off to go shopping for a bit before going home...and later that night..this is the phone call I received:

Me: "Hello"
Nana: "Hi...(sounding a bit distraught)...I just wanted to let you know I HAD to spank Rose"
Me: "Okay...(sort of laughing in my head ..thinking how awful this must have been for her since Rose is her "holy child")
Nana: "We are shopping and she was hiding on me...I stopped her and said that you can't hide on Nana cause I will think someone took you. After I did that to her I turned around to talk to your brother and when I turned back she was gone."
Me: "Really....(thinking...at least she does this to others and not just to me in the store)"
Nana: "Her shoes were sitting in the cart all nice and neat like someone was saying..haha I took your kid.(oh way to dramatic mom).. I started frantically running around the area...calling her name..and no response."
Me: (of course I am keeping cool at this point...trying not to laugh..cause it was sort of funny)
Nana: "Then all of the sudden I hear her say "here I am " and she's standing there smiling......So..I spanked her butt.(huge sigh..like it was the worst thing she's ever had to do)"
Me: "Okay mom..that's fine...she prolly deserved it..she knows better."
Nana: "Well I wasn't going to call you but after I did it ..I just kept thinking..oh no I spanked Rose...(me really wanting to laugh at this point)...and I felt bad."
Me: "No it's fine...don't worry...she'll get over it"
Nana: "I hope so..she's really mad at Nana right now...okay well that's all I wanted ..Bye"

So to some of you it just might not be as funny as it was to me. I got off the phone and told Mr. Jo about the conversation and he laughed as well. It was just so priceless...that mom had to spank Rose..being that Rose is her holy child..the child that does no wrong...the child that smiles just right and gets what she wants. Just the thought of the guilt that my mom was feeling for having to spank her (which totally was okay) was hilarious. Sorry mom....you set yourself up for this one. But alas not to worry...Rose is over it..she still loves her Nana...and the world will continue to turn...even though her Nana has probably scared her for life.
Enjoy your coffee!

4 comments:

Gigi said...

to funny...isn't it funny they feel guilty when they spank our kids but where was the guilt when they were punishing us as kids...lol

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as Gigi! My mom never felt bad for spanking me but she was almost in tears when she had to put my oldest in a time out. I didn't even get time outs as a kid! It's just not fair!!!

Bee said...

My mom was really strict with us but heaven forbid my sis do something to my niece! :o)

As to your question RE: the wicked witch bathing. No I d no not bathe shower or lick myself clean.
Water cannot even touch my lips when I'm drinking it. It has to be funneled into my throat...
Thanks for asking! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Pooooor Nanna.

I would have trouble not laughing too.

Mom has a hard time even saying 'no' to grand babies let alone spanking them!