Wednesday, August 29

1 Headache, 2 Batches of cookies, and 3 Baths....

The Tuesday night adventure:
The next time you think baking cookies is a good idea...Rethink. Yesterday afternoon I thought that maybe it would be fun to make cookies with Rose...and Mr. Jo had been wanting cookies anyway...so I could make them both happy. Well that was the dumbest idea I had all week. I got out the cookbook looking for a peanut butter cookie recipe...found one that was sort of like what I wanted ..but not really (that should have been my first clue to not bake)..and I also spotted a recipe called "chocolate revel bars" and ooh that sounded yummy. So I decided to do both. (dumb..dumb..dumb) I started the peanut butter ones..and miss Rose helped. We got them all mixed up and I got them in the oven.....I was watching them and thinking ugh..they are so flat! I mean really...(it prolly didn't help that I really don't' have a good cookie sheet..mine is so old I think it has wrinkles) sooo anyway I decide ..so they are flat they will be fine...I take them out..and this is what I get
As you can see...they are F.L.A.T..and when I tried to use the spatula to get them off the pan they smushed all together..and I couldn't leave them in any longer cause they would have burnt. Ugh...I should have stopped right here....but..it's me and obviously I am a moron. So I am already irritated with first batch as I start the second (thinking at least they are a bar cookie so I won't need a cookie sheet). I get almost done mixing the second batch and I am at the second to last ingredients...flour.. my flour jar is empty..but I know I have more in the freezer...Well I thought I did anyway...I mean really...does anything else want to piss me off! So here is the second batch all in a bowl..and no more freakin flour...so I send hubby to the store(my knight in shining armor)..he returns with flour..and I can finish. So here's the second batch...the look of it was kind of frightening.


Okay so ...it looks like slop right? I mean come on..this so IS NOT a bar cookie...although I must admit that both of these cookies were really good (despite their crappy appearance).


Onto the next adventure of the night....baths. It was bath night in our household...all kids under 4 feet take a bath together (under 4 feet rule so Mr. Jo can't get in..you now that he is sooo my fourth kid...fortunatley he did take a shower on his own..good boy). So anyway...I get Rose and Robert in there first. I always warn them not to splash cause they get the whole bathroom soaking wet. I must mention that my bathroom is like the size of a coat closet...well okay...maybe smaller. It's tiny..and I hate it...but that neither here nor there. Back to the baths...they proceed to get water everywhere....Rose tells me her pee pee is red...Robert is using the side of the tub like a slide...and AnnMarie..just stares at everyone in complete horror.


Rose posing...she'll like this one when she's sixteen!

Robert...I wonder how water got everywhere could be that he kept squirting things!

The three amigos on their water adventure

So let's recap....2 batches of cookies...one that looked like crap...and one that looked flat..but both fortunately tasted great...3 baths....lots of water....everywhere..but at least they got clean...OH and I forgot to mention I had a headache start right after that first batch of cookies....I mean how mean is God...like I wasn't stressed out enough..let's add a headache into the mix..Well..thank you. So 1 headache, 2 batches of cookies, and 3 baths but, the night eventually ended..and everybody went to bed with their sweet tooth's cured and clean bodies...does it get any better! Enjoy your coffee!

3 comments:

Pokey Puppy said...

lmao.. sooo funny... seeeee.. told ya you shouldn't have made cookies!!!

Bee said...

They still look yummy!

Anonymous said...

I have a kick butt peanut butter cookie recipe..and it requires NO flour :-) I'll send it to ya.

We have the same trouble with baths here, but alas, I have given up even trying to keep it dry.

LOL.

Hope today was better :-)