Monday, August 20

As time goes by

So the world turns...life comes and life goes...and as a mother you watch your children get older. I know in my heart they have to get older ...some days it's just an overwhelming feeling that they someday will be adults (and I too will have to be older). I was just watching them the other day..each of them in their own ways are growing...their personalities are flourishing...and their hearts are growing stronger. It's wonderful to see that they behave..they have manners (not sure where that came from)..that they can and will be wonderful big people some day.

Rose- She's turning into such a little diva. She has the smile that will melt her daddy to puddles (oh you no it Mr. Jo..don't deny). She is very into dancing and singing...recently she has added Cheerleader to her resume...she cheers for anything and everything. Even her brother and sister are something for her to cheer about "Go AnnMarie...goo....you are a good baby...GOOOO AnnMarie!" It's hilarious! She loves everyone so openly..(I take pride that she might have gotten that from me)..I see so much growth in her in the last six months or so. She carries on conversations with me like a grown up sometimes...(with attitude and all) but I am enjoying every minute of it. It's priceless for her to say "mommy I love you" and know that she was not told to say it..she wanted to...all on her own. She is starting school on Wednesday..a preschooler..ahhh..she is sooo excited (as am I ) but it will be weird with her gone even if it's for that short period of time. To you Rose....you are a wonderful daughter..and I see you growing into a beautiful woman someday..Mommy loves you very much!

Robert- Oh boy where do I start with this one. He is boy straight down to the bone. Everything is does and says is boy..and then every once in a while you get a little love out of him...he's wonderful. He has a smile that lights up the whole room...he's almost always in a wonderful mood..constantly moving here or there..into everything. He just turned 2 in June...and he is talking up a storm all the sudden. Sentences are coming out of him and they completely catch me off guard. He's very into "I need" .."I want" mode...it's great. He has this laugh that is contagious. Him and his sister are becoming great friends..and I hope that they have the kind of love that every brother and sister should have...that they care about each other and stand by one another. His new thing is to come up to you and say "I want a hug" (just melts your heart doesn't it) and then he gives you his million dollar smile...it's wonderful. Robert...you are such a fast pace moving little man...with a big smile and warm heart...I know that some day you are going to make some woman very proud. (just like your daddy!)

AnnMarie- She is soo new to the world still...but keeps changing so much everyday (I guess that's what happens with babies). It's seems like yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital..and now she is getting a personality all of her own. It's great to see her smile at you..knowing that it's actually you! She is such a daddy's girl..I thought Rose was bad..but oh boy ...AnnMarie has him wrapped. It's adorable. He comes home from work..and she just stares at him until he notices her and says "hi" ..then he gets the biggest smile that you have ever seen. She being the last child...very different from the rest...Rose and Alex were very similar as babies...but AnnMarie is in a league of her own. She is my "watcher" baby. Always taking in the surroundings...watching people (she might have gotten that from mommy)..and then if she feels like its appropriate..she'll give you a smile. She just doesn't give smiles to anyone..in her eyes you have to earn it. It's hilarious! AnnMarie...you are a wonderful baby..that has lots of love coming from your older siblings...if you start to turn out like them...you will make mommy and daddy very proud!

I have learned lately that you really need to cherish the time that you have with your kids. You never know when they might not be here anymore. Take everyday as it's the best day. Sometimes we get lost in everyday life. Just take a moment and sit back and watch your kids..enjoy them...love them...before you know it they will be having kids of their own!
Enjoy your coffee (but don't give any to the kids)

2 comments:

Mr. Jo said...

OK so the girls have me wrapped up but Robert has you wrapped tighter than a mini skirt on a fat bar fly!! Oh and AnneMarie's staring is soooo you!

Bee said...

I love the observations you put up, they are too funny!