Wednesday, August 15

Mortgage and Insurace....a combo from HELL

So before the story begins I must give you a little background on this saga that has taken over my day....
Back in May...yep that's right MAY...I got a bill for my homeowners insurance (which is odd because I pay for it in my mortgage payment)...so I call my insurance company and ask them why I am being billed for this..cause I know that it's in my escrow account. The woman on the other end replies..."Oh dear..not sure let me look into this for you." A few hours later I get a call back from her.."Okay I figured it out..the insurance company wasn't billing your mortgage company ..So I just faxed over the bill to them." Well...you would think as did I that it was all taken care of...until today that is...

So today in the mail I receive a bill from my insurance company (again!) and I open it to reveal that it is a cancellation notice! Are you flipping kidding me...cancel me..oh no you aren't..I sooo took care of this like three..count them three months ago. I proceed to pick up the phone and call my lovely insurance co. I actually get a very reasonable person on the phone. She says that my file shows that in May it was taken care of ...by such and such girl...but the bill was still never paid. No shit (obviously that's why I am calling you again!)I give her the number to my mortgage and she is going to call and take care of it for me (thank god someone with half a brain..and is willing to help). But of course...because it's me and things like this only happen to me..she calls back about ten minutes later. "All I could get out of your mortgage co. was that you don't have an escrow account and that's why they aren't paying the bill." WHAT! I want to hurt someone so bad at this point....so anyway I had to call the mortgage co. myself and straighten this all out. To be prepared I just check my statement..and that's odd...I have AN ESCROW account balance..DUH...cause I actually have a escrow account ...I know this..the piece of paper actually knows this..why is everyone else so god damn stupid! Okay..back to the story. I called (and of course got the stupidest man alive..who put me on hold on and off for 40 minutes)...after lots of waiting and talking and explaining..he finally figures out that I DO in fact have an escrow account (wow really..you have to be kidding) and it just wasn't put onto my loan properly ..even though I have been paying for it. So he had to do a "work order" (whatever the hell that means) and told me to call back and speak with the insurance dept of the co. in like five days. Okay keep in mind I just got a cancellation notice in the mail and is for Aug 20th which conveniently is FIVE days from now! He claims that they could not process a payment before then because they have to wait for this "work order" to process before anything can be done! Well..lets just hope that when I call back on FRIDAY (and i know that it's not five days from now) someone better make a payment to my insurance co. for me or some heads are going to roll....just for the fact that I haven't had my insurance co paid ..and i have been paying my mortgage co for it! They should be bending over backwards for me..but obviously I'm the idiot and that's not going to happen....Please pray for the person to whom I will be talking with on Friday if this doesn't get done...they are going to need it! Enjoy your coffee...drink an extra cup for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

Oh my! What a pain in the arse!

And what a bunch of really stupid people! You are right..they should be bending over backwards for you!

Goooooood luck!

Bee said...

OMG! You know what my dumbass mortgage company did? They mailed the Home Owners Ins. to a different Ins. company! It took me 2 weeks 2 WEEKS to straighten it out!

Anonymous said...

My mortgage is a broker policy. Which means that every year they re-sell our loan to a new company. Every January, we find out who and where to send this years checks. SO>>>>> this years company, sent us a statement in May saying we owed nearly $4,000.00 each month because they couldn't find we had insurance, which we pay for ourselves, and tacked on a hazard insurance policy costing almost $3,ooo. per month. I've talked to them every month, had insurance man re-fax our policy..heard it should be corrected in 5-7 days, just to get a new letter in two weeks saying we are behind because our payment wasn't enough to cover the amount due. NO SHIT, people, WE HAVE INSURANCE, you have the policy, we don't need or want your $3,000 hazard policy.
SO this week we get a letter - Threat to Foreclose due to outstanding balance.. REALLY??? Who The F do you think you people are??? This isn't rocket science.
Had a very long, very heated conversation that lasted nearly 2 hours, my dime, and got to the end to hear.... you guessed it... "OK, that looks fixed now, so give it 5-7 days for the account to reflect this update!! WTF.... I'm going to be taking a trip in 5-7 days you can be sure. Book the flight, I'm on my way. Anyone want to travel?? I might need to be bailed out of Jail in Florida!
OK, glad I got that off my chest!

Anonymous said...

P.S.

Please dry Mr. Jo off and get him out of the pool. His blog is getting dusty due to shriveled up fingers I'm guessing!!