Thursday, July 26

Alone and lovin it!

So today...I started a job. BUT it's one of those jobs were I control the work flow...I am my own boss...I decide the pay...I ..me and only me..make all the rules! That's right I became a cleaning lady!...LOL it's funny just saying that. I clean other people's houses. Well okay I clean one other persons house. Today was the first day that I cleaned...and it was definitely interesting...a tad bit weird...a little okay....and alot of work. You never really realize how big other houses are until you have to clean them. Actually as I was leaving my house this morning I had to laugh...I thought .....my house isn't even clean and I am going to clean another house..but hey..that's the kind of action you get when someone is willing to pay you for cleaning. But as Mr. Jo reminded me this evening he "pays" me..yeah right...Mr. Jo ...you are soooo not funny! Back to the cleaning...it was actually a relaxing morning. Which is weird to say when you are cleaning...(unless you are some sort of freak...which I am absolutely not!). I had four hours to myself...no kids screaming...nobody needing help wiping their butt...no sippy cups to fill...not one baby to hold and bounce...it was a wonderful experience. Yet I was cleaning..it was hard work....but to be free from everyday life...to be ALONE (which is rare in this house) ..and on top of it..having someone pay me to do it..amen sisters! I am glad that I made the executive decision to start cleaning it looks as though it is going to benefit me in several ways. Good for my sanity and good for my checkbook! (Just a side note for those of you that may be thinking of my previous blogs...no ..no...I did not stick my hand in their toilet to clean them..I used a brush) Anyone out there contemplating starting a cleaning business..I say thumbs up all the way! Enjoy your coffee!


Baby Question :(if confused what this is refer to past blog)
What is the best solution for diaper rash?

6 comments:

Pokey Puppy said...

Hands down.. dr. Dougs But paste... i'll call my old pediatrician and get it.. he made it.... it is the ONLY thing that worked on Freida

Pokey Puppy said...

I mean he made the recipee.. i'll call and get the recipe

Bee said...

I've been looking for a part time job that pays better than retail places, I never thought about cleaning! Did you post an ad somewhere? How did it come about?

Lainey-Paney said...

To me, cleaning someone else's house would be easier & more fun than cleaning my own house.

diaper rash: our pediatrician suggested Dr.Smith's. It comes in a white tub with blue writing...and the tub is in a box. So, to me, that feature sucks. I'd rather have something in a tube that I don't have to dip my fingers in....so, we only use the Dr.Smiths when we see a rash starting. It stinks to high heaven, but when Gage was so litle--he had a rash that broke his skin & his little bottom would bleed. It was horrible. The Dr.Smith's cream cleared it up in 2 days. It was awesome. And now, we only break it out for 2-3 diaper changes when we see a rash starting. That's all he needs & then it's gone.

Mrs. Jo said...

"bee" I went through someone at my church that is a cleaning lady and she is full and still gets tons of calls so she took my name and number and passes it on. But I would imagine that a cleaning add would benefit as well

Anonymous said...

It is WAY easier for me to want to clean someone elses house. Especially if I'm gettin paid!! I'm so glad it's working and making you happy!

I don't know if this is the same recipe as Pokey suggested (I think ours are a bit different) but here's the one my PED gave us for very stubborn rashes:

1 tube Nystatin (perscription)
1 tube Desitin (original)
a few capfulls of Mylanta or other anti-acid liquid med

Stir togeather and keep in airtight containter.

This really helped releave the pain and worked really quick. For more 'run of the mill' rashes we use Regular Desitin as it has the highest Zinc Oxide count out there (that's the active ingrediant that makes 'em work).