Friday, July 6

Potty

Ok...so Mr. Jo and I decide that it might be time to start introducing the potty to our little boy (who just turned 2 on 6/20). Obviously wearing underwear and going on the big boy potty is much cheaper than buying a huge pack of diapers every week. So to start off slow we decide that when we change his diaper we will just sit Robert on the potty and get him used to it. We bought him his own little potty seat for on top of the big toliet ..the one with the little wee wee guard so he doesn't paint the walls with his pee. We had sat him on the toliet a small amount of time before we got that and we kept having to tell him to hold down his wee wee or we would do it...so now he has a little guard and doesn't have to hold it. But some how his little brain actually remembers things and the first time that we set him on his new seat he wanted to push it down...he just kept pushing on his wee wee...and pushing and smiling and pushing more. ... it was so funny i couldn't get him to stop....he finally had pushed so much on himself that he had made himself "hard" I was laughing so hard that he was getting such a kick out of it that I had to get him off the potty. So the next morning I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day and Robert sees the potty and wants to get on it. He needed a diaper change anyway so I take off his diaper and let him get on...he sits for about 5 minutes or so...then he makes it quite apparent that he is done and wants off. So off he goes and I scream to Mr. Jo that he needs to put a diaper on him. I continue to go on with my routine...and then think to myself..Mr. Jo has a wonderful way of completely ingnoring me and I better make sure that he did indeed put a diaper on Robert. Well to my shocking surprise (not really) he didn't put a diaper on him and there was pee all over the floor by the coffee table and Robert was walking around stradle like and whining a bit. I say "Ummm..didn't you hear me say PUT A DIAPER ON HIM"...Mr Jo replys " I didn't hear you say anything." (of course you didn't because you were too busy playing on the computer)...then I look over a little closer...and I think no it couldn't be...it isn't...OMG yes it is...he took a big dump right there on the living room floor! Gross....I couldn't believe that Mr. Jo didn't first hear him pooping....or not to mention smell it....he did it like 10 feet from where Mr. Jo was sitting....And you better believe that it was not me cleaning up that mess.....poor Robert was walking around with goop in his tooshy.....if only his father would listen to me! Potty training ...it's going to be a long long road...ugh! Enjoy your coffee!

3 comments:

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

That was so funny! I guess you just proved that not only do men have selective hearing, they have selective smelling too!
My hubbys nose always quits working when there's a poopy diaper in his midst!
I love the way you're so candid when you write. Some mom's write like natural things don't happen to them and their children. It's so nice to see someone else who not only acknowledges it but points their finger and yells "Hey, look at that! We're human!"

Gigi said...

okay that was soooooooo funny..my littlest one loves to run with his diaper off and one day i caught him pooping in the ocrneer just like a puppy....and the mess he left behind...just like a puppy!!!

Anonymous said...

Not one to forget to leave a good poo-poo comment, I'd like to provide the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFVoLz88hiU

Hope it helps!