Sunday, July 15

A night out

It seems like it has been forever since Mr. Jo and I were able to go out. We were invited out for Ms. Tommy girl's birthday. She was turning 26 and wanted to go to her favortie restuarant Mongolian Barbacue. Mr. Jo had some extra cash so we decided to treat ourselves and go along. You forget about how it feels to go out with adults and friends and just have fun. We decided to go early and walk around downtown in the area of the restuarant...then we went into Barnes and Noble...we are both book freaks. It was soooo enjoyable for it to be just us for a bit. With everything that has been going on with my sister and my nephew we have barely seen each other. Then we met friends for dinner and it was a blast. Mr and Mrs Tommy girl are some of our best friends. We have so much in common and have a great time whenever we are together. We can talk about nothing and everything..from serious to retarded..it's great to have friends like that. The evening was very relaxed and enjoyable (i keep wanting to use that word "enjoyable" i really need to broaden my vocabulary). The small escape from reality was nice. Even the car ride there and back was good....no kids screaming in the car...no one wanting to talk in the back of van and you can't hear them....no one saying mommy or daddy....we were just Mr and Mrs. Jo...sometimes I think that we lose those people in our everyday life and it's nice to find them once in a while. Every parent should remember to escape ...you get to be you and no one else even if it's just for dinner...it's very worth it! Enjoy your coffee...it's Sunday...so enjoy lots of coffee (weekends are always big coffee days in our house).

1 comment:

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I couldn't agree with you more. We do need to take the time to remember why we married this person in the first place. My hubby and I went golfing together a few weeks ago and it was the best time I've had in a looonnngggg time. We laughed and just had fun, even though it was my first time playing and I kind of sucked.
I'm glad you had an "enjoyable" evening!