Wednesday, July 11

Reality

Life...it's been a crazy ride lately. My new nephew was born on July 6th at 33 weeks....for those men out there that's seven weeks tooo early! All was thought to be okay in the beginning and then things started to go down hill. His lungs weren't fully developed and he detected that he had some kind of heart problem...and being that we live in hodunk town the hospital is not equipped to handle these kind of baby issues. So he was transfered to Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago. He actually is having open heart surgery on Friday because the drs there found that he has a heart defect ....but it is totally treatable by surgery. Thank God! I have been up there with my sister pretty much since Friday. Things have been crazy to say the least...I sort of have been neglecting my own family and household to be with her. You really learn to thank God for all his wonderful graces when you see all those sick little babies that come into the world fighting for their lives. The reality around us becomes so much more real. I am blessed that all three of my children were born healthy and safe into the world. The issues that my nephew is having to deal with are just unfortunate. Oh...by the way his name is Dakota. I really wasn't fond of the name when my sis first told me...but now that I see his cute little face I am glad that is his name and i love it! He is sooo adorable. For only being 33 weeks..he is a big boy which is actually to his benefit. Please just send out your prayers for this little guy...he is needing all the help he can get. Just be thankful for your reality and live every day like it's the last....you never know when something is going to change. Enjoy your coffee!

4 comments:

Pokey Puppy said...

Um HI... Neglected your family??? WHAT ABOUT US?? We here in bloggerville have been VERY neglected!!!!!

okay i feel better.. my prayers are with Dakota.. he is a fighter already.

Anonymous said...

((((((((Mrs. Joe)))))))))

I know you and you never neglect your family. This is a big thing in your life right now and you are being a wonderful sister by being there for her and your newest little nephew.

Don't ever for one second feel guilty for that.

I have you in my thoughts and prayers as many others do.

Anonymous said...

I've been recalling memories today of when my life took a turn similar to what your family is going through. Please know that you are all cherished and loved. I'm really glad to know how close you and your mom are to your sister, and confidant that is helping too. As to the "reality" of life right now, just know we are here and will continue to be. Waiting for balance to be restored for you all. And itching to snap some gorgeous photos of this tough little man and his mom! As to me, I'm not feeling at all neglected. I'm feeling reminded that your full heart is being spread where it is most needed and that we will be here to recharge you when you get back. Take Care!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for little Dakota.