Wednesday, July 25

Wild Wacky Wednesday Adventure

Today just kept getting better as the day went on. Well better I guess is not the correct term...interesting would be more along the right line. The day starts off with a trip to the dr with my littlest one AnnMarie for her 4 month check up....and all you mothers out there know what joy that was...four shots and awfuls screams of horror from her. The nurse says "keep in mind she might run a fever...be cranky...and have sore legs." Gee thanks really I've had two other kids...I know! But this one...oohhh wasn't she quite the little spitfire today...cranky does not even describe what she ended up being. Maybe I should include that I went with my mom after the dr apt up to Chicago to see my sister and my nephew (who is in the hopsital). So thinking that I would spend time with my sister today and get her away from the hospital to relax...boy was my projection of the day completely off. We started off by going to the Wizard of Oz park to let the kids play and have a picnic...to enjoy the scenery and relax ...yeah right I should have expected...Robert getting stuck on the slide hanging from his arm...the two oldest kids running away...AnnMarie screaming and pooping every chance she got...so much for a peaceful afternoon. So my sister decides that we should go back to where she is staying to let the kids play and cool off (cause it was so damn hot out today). After getting there...AnnMarie turns into physco baby and starts screaming for no reason...she's not hungry...but I make her a bottle anyway...she enjoys a few sips..screams..sips..scream..sips ...screams..you get the picture..It was awful. The I finally get her to calm down....and I see Robert fall...and start screaming..I look over and his mouth was FULL of blood...(omg..I of course think the worst)...practically throw the baby to my sister and run to the bathroom to check the situation. End result...it was he punctured his bottom lip with his upper teeth causing major blood everywhere for a small injury ( that happen to include a big fat lip). We continue on with our relaxing afternoon (you aren't paying attention if you actually think this was relaxing) ....Robert seems tired...and looks exhausted all the sudden...he falls asleep on the playroom floor. When he awakes...he looks really bad...eyes glassy...pale...not his super kid self....I start to worry....we decide we better leave after feeling his forehead and he's burnin up! But of course not as soon as I can pick up him he pukes exercist style all down and behind my back ( I know ...makes me throw up a little in my mouth just reliving it) We go back to the hospital to get Mom (aka Nana) and head for the parking garage...while waiting for the car...he loses his lunch again ....and again...ugh...while trying to help him and get everyone in the car ..then we start to drive (keep in mind we are leaving chicago at rush hourish and having a sick kid in the car) we make it quite a ways before ..having to pull over and cause he's puking everywhere....(shiver...) clean that up..and off to home we go....so far no more puking....but there's a long night ahead of us....god help me!

Other wacky wednesday happenings:
1. While driving all front dash electric goes off...check engine light comes on.. complete panic
2. Big blister on my thumb from pulling around two kids in wagon
3. Foot throbbing from some pain...not sure the cause...feels like my foot is going to fall off
4. Trunk on van won't open. (had to pull stroller and wagon out the side door....and return them the same way)
5. Had to wear sister's tie dyed crazy shirt..cause beloved son throws up all over mine!

Enjoy your wacky Wednesday coffee!

Baby Question: What baby product do you hate?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!

((((((Mrs. Jo)))))))

I am so sorry! And it doesn't sound relaxing at all!!!

How is the little fella now??