Friday, August 10

Oh the water bill....but the car benefits!

So how stupid can one woman be you may ask? Well...pretty damn stupid in my case (and Mr. Jo I know you are totally backing me up on that statement). I never and I say NEVER remember to pay my water bill on time. I even get the disconnection notice in the mail and think okay I have to the (insert date here) to get it paid before they shut it off. Let me give you a little background first. We live in a hodunk town in Illinois...it's small and the city people are pissy. They give you like 20 days after it's due to pay and then they shut you off. Not to mention if it's shut off they charge you a $25 additional fee to come turn it back on. (by on I mean walk there lazy asses to my front yard and turn a flipping screw..that is SO not worth $25) Now when they send the water bill I always pay attention...but it's like that little stubbie lookin thing and I never remember to pay it...I guess I should be a good wife like my neighbor friend and mail it in..but in such a small town I never even thought of it. I just think oh it's easy enough to just go and drop it off...well wrongo idiot...I obviously failed in that thought process. Mr. Jo is constantly yelling at me to remember the water bill...and of course I listen to him...not like I would ignore him (snicker). Also it's not like we don't have the money to pay it...I just never remember..which for me is odd because except for this one thing..I have an awesome memory (go me!)...so anyway...today I am going to rinse AnnMaries bottle out.. turn on the water ...and NADA...ugh..not again I think. Funny thing is I go to my bill basket and look for the shut off notice..and duh..I didn't even open it yet! I mean really...I have only myself to blame. At this point in the morning I not dressed or are the kids...well I throw on clothes enough to look presentable to go in somewhere public..the kids are fine..they just sit in the car. I pay the bill PLUS the outrageous $25 charge..and I am on my way...I guess the upside is that I was already out...so I thought what the hey..I am going to go clean the car...I may have forgotten the water bill..but my kidmobile definitely benefited! Enjoy your coffee! (but remember to pay the water bill or it's hard to make the coffee)

7 comments:

laurno said...

sara-
im really glad that you have never ever even mentioned me in your blog...i mean how could you not? its me we are talking about!

Trebor said...

oh yea I'm glad I don't have responsibilities like that yet lol and u suck it big sis!!!

Trebor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Owner said...

Just wanted you to know I am now officially hooked on your blog. It has been bookmarked an all.

Of course I'm sad and weepy because I just read about Dakota, and oh I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected. You are in my thoughts!

Bee said...

My weakness is forgetting to make Tazz'sss (my dogus) grooming appointment.

No big deal, you say, not the same thing...

Well I have a Llahsa Apso who does not like to be touched (kinda like it's owner) so we can't bathe him on a regular basis (I have many battle scars!) and when he does finally make it to the groomers he has to be drugged (Vet approved). So by the time I actually make his appointment and take him in, he is smelling so bad you'd think he's a stray we found in a garbage dump!

Which reminds me...

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I'm lucky here because we have well water so it's free. Now the garbage bill is a different story. Two months ago I put the garbage out as the truck was coming down the road. I thought "Whew, lucky me on that one" and then they just kept driving on down the road. I had forgotten to pay the bill AGAIN. How does this keep happening? I blame it on the kids using up all of my memory brain cells in utero. That's all it can be right?

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Like Tracy we have well water..so I don't have that issue. But my garbage bill? I am ALWAYS forgetting! We only get a bill every 3 months and I still seem to forget the darned thing.

But at least your car is clean :-D