Monday, August 6

Auntie...in my heart forever and always


It is with great sadness and heartbreak that I have to tell my blogging friends that I have lost my nephew. Little Dakota I told you about only weeks ago has lost his battle with his illness. He passed on Friday, August 3 around 8:44pm in my sister's arms. He was just four weeks old. It just breaks my heart that this little life could not last...but I know that he is in such a better place now...a place free of pain...and sadness..a place were he can be with our Heavenly Father. The question of why always comes up with a life yet so young...be we have to be strong and know that our faith will have to guide us to the right answers. No mother deserves this kind of tragedy to happen but Dakota's Father was calling him home. He was such a fighter straight from the beginning and right up to the end. Luckily enough my sister was able to detach him from all wires and contraptions to hold him free in her arms as he passed. I was there with her and the site was so extremely hard to take. Having three small children of my own made it hit so close to home...my little AnnMarie only being only 5 months. I was strong for my sister but leaving the room I collapsed into my husband's arm. I feel such sadness for my sis....so strong though I know she will pull through this and come out on the other side a stronger woman. This little guy did such magical work when he was here. He definitely brought my sister and I closer together..which I will be forever grateful for....he also made his mommy a more mature woman. I can only imagine the pain and suffering she is feeling right now...and I have faith that she will move on with great hope for the future and live a wonderful life with Dakota's presence all around her. He will be a baby forever in our hearts and in heaven. My sister and I have great love knowing that little Dakota is in heaven with our Grams...she was a special grandma to us and we know that she will take great care of him. One day we will be able to all be together again. Rest in peace my littlest nephew and I will be your auntie in my heart forever and always. I love you Dakota. God bless!

P.S. Check out Serendipity Mine's blog ..she has so generously set up a donation for Dakota's mom.

5 comments:

Bee said...

My prayers to you and your family.

Sad days are the ones we use to make us stronger.

Pokey Puppy said...

Please know i'm there for you all tomarow and hug each other for me. It breaks my heart that i can not be there myself.

Goodbye little angle.. i will think of you every time i look up at the stars and know you are one of them looking at us.

Lisa said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I saw this on Chris' site. I need to get back over there and donate.

bajajean said...

I am so sorry for your loss, you all are in my prayers and if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know!!

God Bless to you and your family!!

Martha

Gigi said...

sara...
i wish there was the magic word or phrase i could say to help ease the pain for your family...i am keeping you all in my prayers, sara. it won't be easy, but with the love and support of family and friends you all will get through it together, we lost my nephew last year and the only reason we made it through was eachother. God Bless....