Thursday, August 23

The joy or lack there of ..for school!

Well...Ms. Rose went to school for the very first time on Wednesday. It seems that she had a good time (you ask..why did I say "it seems")...well...she is giving me answers to questions I ask about school in a very general manner. I say did you have fun at school today..."yes"...what did you you do at school today "I don't know"...did you make new friends "sure"..what are their names.."i don't know"...did you go to gym class today.."no"...did you wear your new gym shoes today "yes"..then you went to gym.."no"..."we played games" (in the gym of course I guess she just doesn't know what it is)
She however does love riding the bus.
She is always very excited to get to go to school in the morning as soon as she's up..she asks if she ca
n go to school...I say sure honey..let's wait a bit..it's not time yet...and she gives me the "rose look"..like okay..but I really want to go now. Today when I got her off the bus she was very upset...they have assigned seats on the bus (which is good since they are only preschool age)BUT..she didn't get to sit next to Lover Boy on the bus (Lover boy aka: the neighbor boy who is her "boyfriend"). I asked her who did she sit with and she said some boy..ugh..I wanted to sit with Lover boy...(what on earth were these bus drivers thinking making my little girl sit with some other boy on the bus..come on i mean what nerve).
So school as been interesting so far...she seems interested(if that's what I can gather from her oh so extensive answers) and excited to go.....I thought that this kind of thing was supposed to happen when the kids were older and unresponsive...and I am getting this from my almost 4 year old....what on earth am I in for when she 14....
Enjoy your coffee! (I am sure needing more these days!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!

Don't worry, the answers will get better :-) And then you wont' be able to get her to stop talking about it all!!!

And the Loverboy thing....WAY to cute!

Pokey Puppy said...

This was koles answers every day after school last year as well.. but i still asked them.. same questiongs... every day... and eventually i got SOME answers.. but only if i didnt wait to long. This year however.. and there have only been two days of school.. is different. Today (sunday) he told me about what he did, who he met, what he said to them during show and tell.. on friday.. it was great! Have hope friend.