Sunday, August 12

Sunday...Oh Sunday

It's Sunday....I open my eyes when I hear AnnMarie screaming from the next room...realize that Rose is squished into bed next to me and my throat is sore...I feel the beginning of a crappy day before me. Usually we are up and going...all getting ready for church on Sunday mornings..not this morning. Waking up to my youngest child crying for a bottle is always exhausting not to mention the fact that I feel like a cat dug it's claws into the back of my throat. Great. Just great. So Mr. Jo has to be at church early this morning (of course..it's seems he's always there early leaving me to fend for myself with three small children)...and by the time that I have gotten up he is already dressed and looks ready to conquer the world. Ugh...that site just makes me feel even worse. I make my way downstairs to feed AnnMarie...Robert wakes up as well...whinning of course...and Rose is not to far to follow. Mr. Jo looks at me and says...you don't look like you feel very good (wow..good one Mr. Holmes). "Why don't all of you just stay home today and relax," he says. (Side note that the kids weren't feeling well either..I believe this is all thanks to my little brother who has pawned his sickness onto my family...) I finished feeding AnnMarie...Mr. Jo leaves...I think - lets all go into mommy's bed and veg out for the morning..watch cartoons...and to my surprise ...they actually cooperated with my plan..this plan of course was to only please myself and no one else. Soooo...we did absolutely nothing all morning. Robert and AnnMarie ended up taking nice long naps..and it was actually sort of relaxing (which I was totally not expecting...I expected the kids to be screaming..wanting everything possible..making me actually take care of them..I mean go figure). I still am feeling like crap when Mr. Jo arrived home but decided to go downstairs and be human for a few hours. By human I mean sit on the couch ...watch tv..and have my husband wait on me ;) The phone rings and a good friend of mine is on the line...she is calling to tell me she has some hand me down dance shoes for Rose...(yes I totally didn't want to buy any..I love getting hand me downs) and she just happens to mention that she has a pool that is trying to get rid of and want to give it to us. Yes I said it right..give it to us...I mean really could these people be any more wonderful. It's been sooo freakin' hot here in Illinois and a POOL would just make my year(let me just clarify this is no kiddie pool..this is one of those new craze blow up blue pools..adult size)! Yes! So Mr. Jo hops into the car and goes to retrieve the pool. As we speak he is putting it up! Hooray for us...a new cooling tactic at our house. So pretty much to recap the day... started out crappy...sore throat...lazy morning...doing nothing...ended...getting a pool...not to mention a FREE pool! I just have to apologize for this blog being about absolutely nothing(even though I really shouldn't apologize because obviously you love me or you wouldn't be reading this)...but I guess the sore throat is affecting my brain and I didn't have anything better to write about! Enjoy your coffee today..tomorrows gonna be a HOT one! (but i'll be in my new pool!)

2 comments:

Trebor said...

umm your welcome for babysitting your kids yea you left that out pssh! see if I ever babysit for you again!!

Anonymous said...

I woke-up with that same dreaded sore throat last week. UGH!!!

I hope you feel better..and soon!