Friday, September 21

The toys have been conquered!

So I broke down...and cleaned the toy room. The day started with no real intention to clean at all...by cleaning I mean I made all sorts of messes(by trying to organize)...but cleaned some up too. I was supposed to have a friend come over for a play date...so I thought..maybe I should sweep the living room floor as it was looking rather ick....then under the entertainment center caught my eye...there was toys galore...no kidding....cause toys haunt my everyday life. I thought well I have the time..I might as well move it and sweep under there and retrieve all those long lost toys.....and while I am at it..I will move the couch and love seat as well....oh boy did things get busy from there....I was going good...moving things...cleaning under things...(just a side note when looking for new furniture...make sure it sits on the floor and things can't slide under it....things will get lost...for a very very long time)...I grabbed a bin from the toy room(there were obviously empty ones since my children never fill them) and started piling the new found toys into them. After I got done cleaning under things..I grabbed all the toys from the living and dining rooms. Then the issue began...I walked with the full bins to the toy room...and ugh....it was sooo messy...that I could not just set those bins in there (like I wanted to )..and walk away. Soooo being the wonderful wife and mommy that I am...I started to clean...(luckily as this started...our play date conveniently called and cancelled). As I am starting to pick up toys..it's going through my head as to why I should bother...I needed some guidance...some plans as to what to do with the toy drama that is soaking up my life....and my house. So first things first....the play kitchen has to go...it's big..it's dirty...it has crayon all over it (no idea where that came from...Robert!)...so I thought...well I will put it out the curb with a "free" sign attached and see what happens. Although I was sooo not prepared for Rose's reaction...you would of thought that I was chopping off her left arm...the way that she was screaming...crying...sobbing...omg..it was hilarious....I explained to her that we would give it to some other little kids..that really needed it...blah ..blah..blah...(she of course wasn't buying it)...but I am mean(but it did get taken...and she was okay with it ...alot later that is)..so I put it on the curb anyway....(this also allowed to store away ALL the play food..and dishes..etc...*jumping for joy*)...then I had this brilliant idea..that I would ship bags of toys to each of the kids rooms..and separate out the baby toys....boy did that make a HUGE difference in the toy room (not to mention all the crap I threw out)....the room actually looked kind of bare when I was getting close to being done...so being the brilliant person that I am..I thought...why not put the computer desk in there (like it was many moons ago..before our hooligans came along)...and to my benefit removing it from the living room...(ha ha...now Mr. Jo can't ignore me by watching tv and being the computer at the same time)...and the room looks really nice....less toys...so that maybe they will play with them..and toys in their rooms...for when we have no tv time and mommy wants some peace and quiet....and mommy finally might get daddy's full attention in the evenings(ah who am I kididng now he just won't watch tv..and I'll never see him)...I really think everyone will benefit (well maybe not Mr. Jo...but ahhh you can't please them all!)

As a side note though Mr. Jo did take a table I was trying to use as my craft table...although it wasn't working the way I had it....and put it in the empty spot in the living room....he even organized all my scrapbook stuff..into bins ..and drawers....it looks amazing..and the fact that he did that just for me....was very very nice of him....he just might have to be rewarded...but enough about that...Enjoy your coffee!

1 comment:

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I'm exhausted just from reading that post! You did a lot of work! Good job!
Tell me again why we buy our kids all of these toys?