Friday, September 14

Just wondering...

Does every mom wonder..."can I make it through this?"..."will they appreciate me when they get older?"..."am I disciplining them correctly?" All of these thoughts keep running through my mind the past couple of weeks. Life around here has been somewhat crazy and stressful and I just can't get these thoughts out of my head. Do other moms have these concerns...am I just crazy....how do other people deal? I know I love my kids...and I know that they love me. It's just been a rough patch lately....three small kids....one boy that is a handful...a baby...and a little girl getting an attitude (from me i assume..damn it!)...any help? I guess lately it's just been hitting a nerve with me...but I am sure that I will be fine...I just wish I could stop questioning myself. Enjoy your coffee!

4 comments:

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

You totally are not the only mother out there questioning themselves. I do it a million times every day! When you look at the magnitude of what we're doing, it's such a big thing. We're raising this tiny little person into someone that we can be proud to send out into the world and say "Hey look what I did!"
To make it worse, I have a very strained relationship with my mom and I really think that the only reason we talk is so that she can have a relationship with my kids. I don't want my kids to feel that way towards me. When you put that all together, that's a lot on our shoulders.
To me, just the fact that you care enough to question yourself, tells me that you're doing a great job and even though you may make a mistake here and there, you're going to raise beautiful children that you can be proud of!

Brian o vretanos said...

Your kids will grow up they way they do partly because of you, partly in spite of you, partly because of genetics, etc. I think people place too much emphasis on the "upbringing" bit - it's important, but it's not everything. You're giving them a loving, stable environment. Lots of wonderful adults turned out okay with less.

Of course, I'll never understand the "mother's guilt" thing fully, but I think it's pretty much universal.

Unknown said...

Kid's test us everyday!they will grow up to love and respect you because that is what you are giving them.Your a great mom and we all know,that they did'nt come with instructions it's a hit and miss game we all play we all do the best we can and hope for the best.That is what I did and I think I did pretty darn good!Stop betting yourself up relax and enjoy the ride.

Pokey Puppy said...

I think its totally normal.....

At least i hope so... i would like for once to be able to say i'm normal.. hahahah