Saturday, September 8

Another shower adventure with Rose

I obviously didn't learn anything from my last shower experience with my daughter..but she was very insistant that she take a shower with me last night (cause she thinks it's such a big girl thing to do)..so being the best mommy ever..I let her. Boy was that a mistake.

I'll set the scene...small town, IL...little two story house on main st......little bathroom...(and little I mean you almost have to be a contorstionist to walk in there)...me..and my daughter, Rose
(almost 4)..undressing to take a shower....

Me: (undressing so I can get in the shower)

Rose: (Looking at me with great question in her face) "I am growing big boobs too mommy." (touching herself as she's saying this)

Me: "Oh, really...that's nice."

Rose: "They are going to be really big like yours...they just are still growing ..right now."

Me: "okay" (thinking..stupid stupid me..for letting her take a shower with me again)

Rose: "What is that ,mommy, on your boobs?" (with the strangest look on her face)

Me: "That is my nipple...." (OMG...trying not to laugh and cry at the same time)

Rose: *laughs..giggles* "Oh....I don't have nipples..hee hee!"

Me: "Yes you do they are right there...(pointing to her little dots on her chest)"

Rose: "Those aren't nipples silly..."

Me: "Okay (thinking..I'll go along with it if it means an end to this conversation)
(Thank God..converstation over...although she is still looking at me with question..but I hurry and get into the shower)

So later that night..we are at walmart(sucky)..and I really need a new bra...I am looking at them..and Mr Jo takes the kids to another part of the store (god forbid he is in the bra section)..but Rose is wanting to stay with me (of course she is)..so I let her. I grab a handful of bras and head into the dressing room...Rose in tow. I tell her to sit down and she does...watching me intently as I am trying on these bras. She is smiling..and I am thinking oh no..what is she going to say now. Then she gets up and giggles..."I want to try one on too." Without waiting for an answer she picks one up...and is trying to open it "where are the buttons on these things she says." Then..she proceeds to take off her shirt (even though I said ...Over the shirt!) but..she obviously doesn't listen. With no luck finding the button she just slips it over her head...now she is standing in front of the mirror..posing..and smiling at her self...(me standing behind her trying to not laugh)..then I realize....How do you know when your boobs are TOO big....when your bra cup is as big as your almost 4 year olds head! Needless to say...I really need to quit letting Miss Rose shower and dress with mommy...she's getting to curious.....and it's freaking me out! Enjoy your coffee!

2 comments:

Bee said...

These little girls are getting smarter and smarter everyday! I don't have kids so I'm not as open to sharing too much with my niece but one time I really had to go to the bathroom and it was just she and I at Carson's so I begged her made her promise not to turn around! She didn't but I never in my life did my business so fast!
I'm such a dweeb!

Pokey Puppy said...

OMG.. LMAO!! Freida keeps telling me she wants a bra... i say she has to wait till shes bigger... next visit... i'm bigger mommy i want a bra today. hahaha.. Kids arent they grand!