Tuesday, September 18

Sick or Dead?

So as I am begining to be well aware that having a almost four year old makes my life way more interesting. The conversations I have been having with Rose lately are just priceless! We are driving to Nana's house last night on the way home from dance....and we see an ambulance turn the corner on the opposite side of the road..with it's lights flashing and sirens going. This is the conversation that followed:

Rose: "Mommy....what is that thing called again?"

Me: "It's called an ambulance."

Rose: "Oh..right an...andulamce...I member."

Me: " No honey, it's a.m.b.u.l.a.n.c.e."

Rose: "that's what I said......someone must be sick....OR dead!"

Me: "No I am sure they are just sick honey...not dead...why don't we say a prayer for the person in the ambulance that they get better."

Rose: "They ARE sick or dead mommy...probably dead."

Me: "Let's not say that they are dead...if they have their lights on that means the person is just really sick (making this up..hoping to get her off the dead subject.)"

Rose: "When you are dead you go to the dr.......dead people go to dr's...."

Me: " (OMG)....no honey when you are dead you aren't alive anymore so they won't need to go to the dr...."

Rose: "But...they are probably dead...right?!"

Me: " Can we please just stop talking about being dead...we will just assume that the person in the ambulance is sick..and going to the hospital..ok..?!"

Rose: "ugh....but I think they are dea......OH look mommy horses.....can I ride a horse someday...?"

Me: "Sure honey..(thinking..thank God you have ADD like your daddy...and we can stop talking about dead people)

Rose: " Ok ..I will ride a horse when I getter bigger...ok :) "

3 comments:

Bee said...

ARRRGGGHHH!
I was just telling a friend of mine that I don't want to be asked the "death" question from my niece!!
I. WOULD. HAVE. FLIPPED!

Pokey Puppy said...

Omg.. lmao... so cute... and funny.. and kinda disturbing as a mom i'm sure. But you know what.. she has had to deal with that topic at a young age.... maybee it will help her later in life... good job handling it.. lmao. Isnt it crazy the questions.. i'm getting them from both right now...

Mr. Jo said...

I do not have A.D.D. I just get a little of.....Oh look a chicken!!