Wednesday, September 5

Our long weekend

So I haven't blogged in a couple of days. I guess I am feeling very ..ummm..blah (sorry that's the only word that is coming to mind). Since we had a long weekend...I am a little thrown off for my week. Considering it's Wednesday and I feel as if it is Tuesday. I guess maybe...since I have nothing better to do today..(well I do ..but who really wants to clean)..I can give you a synopsis of my weekend...it was rather...ehh..umm..boring (i am a mother of three living in the Midwest how exciting could it get plus I wanted to say it was "blah" but I have already used that description)..so since there is nothing better for me to think about writing why not indulge you with the highlights of my life (right..)Here goes nothin:





Friday: Oh yeah...we did nothing. I know shocker. My mother stopped by for a bit...she was off work, but she was on this kick that she needed to be alone...well alone in the sense..she didn't want anyone to go with her for the day (i.e. my children). Which actually I found quite funny. She wasn't working...she wasn't cleaning...she didn't have her grandchildren...she was doing nothing. It was driving her crazy...she looked like a lost puppy. She just wandered around for the day stopping here and there...then going home and not really knowing what to do (you see she is a busy body so this was very funny to witness). By the end of the day she was so annoyed with being alone..(she obviously doesn't have three small children at home anymore to keep her busy)..she says to me "Mrs. Jo, don't EVER let me do that again....this being alone all day stuff...trying to find things to do ...was for the birds." I was laughing sooo hard. After talking with her numerous times that day...my family and I just vegged out and watched the boob tube all night. Very enjoyable.





Saturday: We went and took family pictures. I have a wonderful surrogate mother that is a professional photographer (and may I just say that she is wonderful!). We went to a park...the bugs were horrible...and my kids were only semi cooperating. We did get some nice pics...and some very funny ones. I laugh at some of them..because even though it's not your average everyone smiling looking at the camera pic it captures my family to a tee....here's an example:

As you can see....my son Robert is trying to run away (typical he's always on the go)...Rose is sticking out her tongue...and AnnMarie is off in wonder land playing with the grass. As the parents Mr Jo and I are trying to smile ...even though we know that are children aren't participating. But hey that's us..I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sunday: Well you can see my previous blogs:Broken Car Part1 and Part 2 to hear about Sunday....oh..Sunday the day from hell!

Monday: My sister in law's neighbor was getting rid of a twin bed frame and mattress (conveniently the night before I had told my SIL that I was looking for one)..and she very kindly brought it over to us. Robert has been having lots of tough nights sleeping and we figured that it might have been due to his toddler bed mattress (aka crib mattress) I believe that it was ancient. Mr Jo and I figured that it might be beneficial for Robert to have a new big boy bed so he could sleep through the night (who am I kidding it was so we could sleep through the night). Robert did not like his bed at first he was very upset that "his bed" (meaning the old one ) wasn't there...but that soon changed and now he loves it...and so does his big sister...they have both slept in the bed for the past two nights..and might I add that it has been two nights of pure joy due to that bed Mr. Jo and I have gotten two wonderful nights of sleep..and only sleep! Yea!

Well...that was my weekend...in a nutshell....looking back it was enjoyable ..well mostly anyway...Enjoy your coffee!

1 comment:

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I love pictures like that where everyone is just being themselves. I have some like that where when they aren't cooperating they were the best!