Sunday, May 20

Thankful

I have had a interesting weekend (well not really but I have to dream that it was interesting...) Some things have been brought to my attention this weekend that made me realize that my life is pretty wonderful! If you knew me at all you would realize that ..that statement doesn't seem completely true..but it is! I have a wonderful husband (as good as they come) three great kids (Rose is a little mouthy....Robert is a little monster...and AnnMarie is a little cranky) but, they are healthy and they are here! I have a roof over my head...and can provide food for my family...well most of the time..even it's is grilled cheese all the time. Try and think for a moment when you are having a really shit ass day, that you aren't homeless.....you have a home...that you aren't hungry...you have food to eat....that you aren't alone..you have a family and friends around. There are tons ...make that millions of people out there that don't have any of those things. ...people right in this area....we may forget about it or be so caught up in our own lives that we don't see it but they are there....I just want everyone today ...tomorrow...or sometime in the very near future...to be THANKFUL..for what they have...and don't complain about the things they don't have ..even the littlest things can be appreciated. It's not important that you don't drive a fancy car...or live in a 500,000 house or get that new toy that you want...the important things are the ones that we forget about ...so take your time and remember those wonderful things that make like so absolutely worth living! OH....and be thankful for coffee cause without it we would have lots of crabby ass woman out there! :)

3 comments:

Sassy said...

I try to do this every day. My youngest son is "special needs" and although I do have many struggles and challengs, it could be worse. He's a bright, beautiful child and for that I'm very thankful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Great post Mrs. Jo! And it's very true and one of the things that has gotten me through some of our worst moment: Yes it's bad, but it could always be worse. Always.



MMM....btw..Can I have a grilled cheese?

P.S. HI Sassy!

Anonymous said...

For me, of late I've been really thankful of all the great relationships I have. I'm not really very good at keeping up with that kind of thing normally. I move too fast and seem to always be racing to something. So when I find people reaching out and making themselves available and vulnerable - like yourself, well, I remember I have a pretty great life because you all are in it! Thanks