Wednesday, May 23

The friendship trio

Friends...we all have them..good friends..close friends...acquintances...fake friends...so many friends. It's crazy the different levels woman can have friendships on! I love all my friends in sooo many different ways. I would say that right now at this point in my life I have three great friends! I think that having a few close friends is sooo much better than have lots that are not so close. I know cliche but it's a very good statement. The funny thing is that all three of them are SO extremely different...it's kind of funny that I get along with all of them so well ..but in extremely different ways. The first one...we will name her....Spunky...she is a spit fire...we have been friends longer than i can remember and I love her like a sister....She's the type of friend that you get drunk with ...laugh with....tell everything to....and experience the shitty aspects of life with! We tend to talk really fast to each other and can completely grasp what the other one is saying...sometimes we don't even need to really "say" what we mean(in other words we talk code in front of husband and kids) and the other one always gets what the other one is saying. We can get on the phone and talk about absolutely nothing (and i mean nothing..like watch the same show when we are on the phone and talk about it) but we have a great time doing it...She's a treasured friend and definitely one of kind...Onto the next friend..we can call her.... Tommy Girl...which is just exactly what she is :) On the surface you would think that we are nothing alike...she is sort of reserved...loves name brands....very together and proper....(well to most people ..lol) but when you really get to know her she is so much fun! Her and I think exactly the same most of the time....we can go from having a very deep serious conversation to laughing about something all within an hour's time. I love that about our friendship...we can share everything and we enjoy each others company without even doing anything special. Tommy girl has a very big heart...sometimes she doesn't always let people see it but she is one of the most caring people i know. And i just love that about her....we share so many special moments and we cherish alot of the same things in life. She is a great woman and I am honored to be one of her friends. Now onto friend number three ..let's call her.....Techno ....(and no this name has nothing to do with technology..because funny enough i think technology frustrates her!) She just loves techno type music... even though to me it's the weirdest type of music...she hears it and just starts a boppin and dancin'...she's crazy...We became friends by fate...she moved into the house next door to me a few years ago...and we have been friends ever since but we are growing closer everyday i think. I just love talking to her...we have lots of coffee together...lots of talks about everything and anything and we love every minute of it...I'm the one she's calls when she needs her hair dyed...or someone to watch her dog...and I call her for just about anything else..from borrowing some cooking oil to asking her to watch my kids for a bit...we have the convienece of living close...but we have the will to have a friendship...and I love it...she's so full of energy...and she's always their to listen...(oh and she will give her opinoin..but she wouldn't be herself with out it)..she is a wonderful mother and wife...she gives a great example to others and i admire her for that...not only can her and i get together and have a great time..we can have the whole families together and the fun just continues...it's great to have her so close!

I am a person that cherishes my friendships and I try to work very hard at making them great! There are many times that I don't really like one or all of them...for one reason or another...but that's what friendship is all about...I love my friends...all in so many different ways. I am blessed to have them in my life and I hope they all know how much they mean to me. Everyone should have at least one close friend to laugh and cry with...it makes life so much more enjoyable. Enjoy your coffee!

1 comment:

Sassy said...

I have a "Spunky". Or used to. She dropped me out of her life for reasons unknown to me and for that, I'm extremely heartbroken. I'm happy that you have those cherished friends, they sure come in handy when you need a shoulder.