Wednesday, July 18

Summer Fun List 2012

Some days I feel as if I have all the time in the world to do the things I want...then others feel as though I have a split second into which I need to cram a list of 100 things! I guess that's the life of a mother of four children trying to keep a house...keep them all alive...and be a good wife to my hubby ;)
I just can't believe that it is already the middle of JULY! I feel like the kids just got out for the summer...how does time keep slipping away from me like that...I mean seriously wasn't it just June 1st?! The kids and I created a "Summer Fun List" that was a organized way of making the most of our summer( I know..I know...I'm a freak...Organized summer!). It seemed like the first few weeks of summer just quickly went before we even got to check (or sticker like crazy) one thing off the fun list. Then I realized if we don't get going we are going to look pathetic...and we can't have that now can we :) SO the list began....
We are starting with 25 items to do on our list...some are bigger...some are smaller...BUT they are all fun and exciting for the kids!
So here it is July 18, and we don't even have half of the list done ( I had originally thought we were doing good before counting for this post)! How is the possible...I may have set the "fun bar" a little too high ;-/
Don't get me wrong...we have done a ton of fun so far this summer and spent lots of exciting family time together. However, I created the list with the intention to finish it....so finish it we will....even if I have to get creative with some of the items left on the list...OR go a few weeks into the start of the new school year ;) It's not like the kids are going to care if we continue to do fun stuff...hello....I am sure they would go along!
So as it looks now we have about a month before school starts and we have 14 things to "sticker off" on the list!! I must mention that one of the items on the list that still needs to be accomplished is {playing in the rain}...however we are in the midwest....in the middle of a drought...so I am thinking this might be a tricky one...my hubby says that even if it sprinkles...for two seconds...we better run outside and call it done! Haha!! (He's a keeper;)
Well...I guess I better get the schedule out...and start making these things happen...time is ticking away...and apparently it ticks rather fast! Enjoy your coffee!

No comments: